Friday, September 1, 2023

August Round Up

August was actually kind of ... good. Not anywhere close to perfect, but definitely decent.

Swimming: 10100m (6.28mi)
Cycling: 105.71 mi
Running: 44.16 mi
Lifting: six sessions (2:10)
Other: one hike (:45), five walks (3:46:04), one session yoga (:25)

I finally got over 10k in the pool again AND over 100 miles on the bike. Which means I basically did a third of my currently yearly totals in each sport in one month. Oops ...? One of the rides ended up being 25 miles (not planned), which was perhaps a tad ambitious given my lack of riding this year, but I managed it. 

Despite the slip up at the end of July, my running is back on track in terms of the every-other-day thing and I got up to 6 miles again, which is also nice. Maybe not specifically necessary for sprint tri training, but eh. Garmin badges can lure me in.

I did end up having two complete off days (oh 40, is this you?). Lifting ... was a disaster. I need to lift and lift a lot more. I legitimately feel the weakest I maybe have ever been. Or at least the weakest in over half my life. Which SUCKS. The other also needs to be more - walking is good - I actually walked a lot more than that - but the yoga, the mobility, the HIKING, playing with my inlines ... it all has to happen.

But first, a sprint tri.

No comments:

Post a Comment