Friday, October 1, 2021

September Round Up

 I was hoping September would be a lot better than August. Was it? Let's go to the tape, shall we?

Swimming: 9700m (6.02 mi)
Cycling: 136.19 mi
Running: 37.55 mi
Lifting: 13 sessions (2:40)
Other: four hikes (9:29), two walks (2:40)

I did do a bit more of everything this month - more swimming, more cycling, and more running. It wasn't MUCH more, but it was more.

Some of the swims were of decent length. Rides were mostly meh and the runs ... well ... running clearly went to poop for me this month.

Lifting as it is (the daily) has really become me just more going through the motions. 

I was, however, happy with the hiking I got in. One walk was planned and the other one should have been a run but at least got turned into SOMETHING.

IM Memphis 70.3 is tomorrow, and it will be. The humidity may try to kill me, so keep this Colorado (dry climate desert) girl in your thoughts and prayers.

As for what I hope for October ... a respite in structured training. I need to plan what my Placid training cycle will be - and if I want to start that at the first of the year or in November - and how it will look. I may just pull an early- to mid-2010s me and just take the rest of the year "off" (although "off" only in terms of structured, planned workouts). I still want to swim, and bike, and run - and I am actually kind of itching to actually lift in a gym again, surprisingly enough - so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment