Wednesday, August 4, 2021

July Round Up

I'm still not where I'd like to be - on the year, for the month, leading up to a race - but all in all, I think it's getting better.

Swimming: 10013.06m
Cycling: 188.5 mi
Running: 51.32 mi
Lifting: 14 sessions (4:18)
Other: one hike (2:40)

Swimming ticked back up to the 10K minimum I like to get in a month ... partially because I was finally a grown-up about things and found a different pool to swim at. I had to make lane reservations (which, yay lane to myself, but boo the obvious), but I made it work. My regular pool finally opened up by the end of the month as well, so that was nice. B thought it might never reopen since the five days it was originally shut down for turned into well over a month.

Bike got upped a tiny bit from June, but my rides were probably more efficient. I got in some nice climbing up in Boulder as well as a bit of course recon. I haven't gotten nearly the distance I'd like - gotta do that before Memphis for sure - but I'm feeling okay there.

The run ... is. Skipped a few, but it's seriously the one thing I'm not really worried about right now.

I may be getting a little bored with the daily workout - that's clearly gone by the wayside - and I may need to seriously reconsider that moving forward. The format has changed a little which might help ... or I might just need to go to a few specific lifting days again. Who knows.

Not much extra, unfortunately, but the one hike I did get in was really freaking awesome up in Crested Butte. I really do need to take the time to hike more.

We'll see what August has in store - a 70.3, for one, the recovery that will be inevitable, a trip for B's birthday - and hopefully I can just maintain where I'm at right now.

... oh, and I may have signed up for IM Lake Placid next July. Maybe not the wisest decision given how things are going for me currently, but what's done is done ...

No comments:

Post a Comment