Friday, October 2, 2020

September Round Up

Another month down in this year. Woo! I'm still doing a few virtual races (Skirt Sports is now part of ZOOMA so I'm doing the virtual Cape to Coast challenge which means the Cape Cod Challenge and the Amelia Island Challenge. Did the Cape Cod; Amelia Island is later this month. Also BU is doing a 5K as part of their virtual Alumni Weekend ... so that's Sunday) and in person racing is slowly resuming around here, so I may have one of those in my future. Maybe.

Anyway, onward to numbers!

Swimming: 11100m (6.9 mi)
Cycling: 66.68 mi
Running: 35.21 mi
Strength: 30 sessions (5:02)
Other: four hikes (2:57:11), one walk (1:02:38)

I got back into my 10K a month for swimming habit, so that's good. The pool is, or I should say was getting to be really annoying - I would have to show up at least 20 minutes before my reservation time to make sure I could get a lane because the pool is starting to get REALLY crowded. However, I just tried to make a reservation and apparently the gym is back to "hey we're open 5a-9p so come on in whenever and work out for as long as you'd like now" so now I have to figure out when is good to actually go swim at the gym. Since I had that figured out at my old (now closed) gym. UGH.

But hey, at least this means I can get back to super long swims again, right? 

The bike ... is a struggle. And I'm not sure why. The trainer is just highly unmotivating and I think I'm just sick of the standard boring rides from the house. Yet the thought of driving to ride somewhere also doesn't help. Let's not kid ourselves - I'm in a huge bike slump. I'll get out of it eventually - I always do. And since I don't have a tri until at least oh, next August* ... I suppose it's fine.

Running has been surprisingly decent. The ZOOMA Cape Cod Challenge had a one mile race (that I didn't go as hard as I probably should have, but was still sub-10 so YAY for that) and a 10K/half-marathon. I am not in half shape so I did the 10K and it went a lot better than expected, so I'm happy for that, too. My Garmin had it faster than the Feisty Games 10K and the app I had to track it with had me faster than the SMASH 10K, so who knows there.

We also decided to gamble that RnR AZ (same race I did in January) will go on and have decided to train for that to give us some motivation.

Strength has been fine and we're still trying to keep hiking. Been exploring some new parts of the state and it's been great.

For October ... the goal is just to keep on moving and keep with the training plan. Keep surviving, for that's all any of us can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment