Friday, May 1, 2020

April Round Up

Another month has passed us by ... even if it's hard to tell. How did it go for me in terms of working out? Why, well thank you for asking; I'll let you know right now.

Swimming: 0m (0 mi)
Cycling: 161.82 mi
Running: 44.81 mi
Lifting: 30 sessions (8:32)
Other: five walks (2:45), one session yoga (:19)

Still no swimming. Really starting to miss it. My goal for May is to get in the water somehow, whether it be because the gym opened up again or I finally throw myself in a lake/reservoir.

Cycling numbers went up nicely. I think there may have been a trainer ride or two in there, but it was mostly outside. I'm pretty thankful for that.

Running also has been coming along well. I have signed up for a few virtual races - two 10ks and a 5k - so I'll do "recaps" for those as I do them. 

Strength work continued to skyrocket - the TIU app was free (besides just the daily workout) for a while so I did a few extra classes. I also added in some dryland swim work just so I don't lose all my swim fitness. Hopefully.

Otherwise ... I finally cracked yesterday. I'm sick of all of this crap. I'm sick of exercise being the only way I can get out and explore. I'm sick of riding and running the same paths and trails. I'm sick of not being able to travel. I'm sick of everyone else not being able to travel because it's hurting my husband's livelihood. I'm just sick of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment