Wednesday, December 4, 2019

November Round Up

Still keeping things quiet over here (... super quiet in terms of this here bloggity blog ...), but I was able to get into a bit more of a consistent training load in November. Comparatively speaking.

Swimming: 12000m (7.46 mi)
Cycling: 135.19 mi
Running: 42.48 mi
Strength: 30 sessions (5:33)
Other: one hike (:30), one session erg (:05), one walk (3:00), two sessions yoga (:32)

Still managing over 10k of swimming a month and have managed to get back up to at least a 2k swim. Swim consistency isn't really a thing (didn't go at all last week), but I'm trying to get there.

I finally managed to get on the bike some AND got back up to a 25 mile ride. It wasn't without some drama - kept having shifting issues and then a flat - but I also figured out what was going on with good ol' Sweet Cheeks. B ended up breaking a spoke on a ride and I had shifting issues, so I took both bikes into the shop. We ended up just getting a new wheel for B (two broken spokes on the same wheel within six months just mean let's fucking replace the damn wheel) and I'm going to end up needing new cranks on my bike.

I guess something in the internal workings of the bike where the crank is keeps coming loose (which is why I've had this piece keep trying to come out on the crank arm for ages despite loctiting it down a whole bunch) which is screwing with my shifting. And probably the cause for all the squeaking I've been dealing with. So come January ... guess what I get to buy?

Running should have been a bit closer to 50 miles ... but well. I got up to a 6 mile long run as I think I might be running a half in Arizona in January. Time to up the mileage!

Strength is back to "normal" and the other ... well ... best laid plans.

The downside of this month is that the last week ended up being terrible. A snow storm and then a funk and (save the daily) I didn't work out or leave the house, really, for a few days.

December is off to an okay start but it also might have a lot of travel so we'll see how things end up going. As long as I don't completely stop moving (as tends to happen in December), I'm going to count it a win.




(On a side note, this is the most I've moved post-IM in any year. Ever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment