Friday, September 1, 2017

August Round-Up

August ... was okay. It had moments of brilliance, but also moments of things that prevented activity. Read on ...

Swimming: 13418.3m (8.3 mi)
Cycling: 166.1 mi
Running: 47.08 mi
Lifting: 13 sessions (3:01)
Other: five yoga sessions (1:22), one erg/rowing session (:10), three walks (4:55), one barre session (:38), one hike (1:20), one stretch session (:10), one bout "home improvement" (1:00)

(The "home improvement" being sweeping for probably actually two hours at the curling club - sweeping the entirety of the curling floor so it could be clean for ice to go in.)

A lot of my numbers are inflated by camp this month. I did around ... 7000ish meters in the pool, 117 miles on the bike, and 17 miles running in three days (for each discipline; five total days). 

Then, because I got so sunburned, I was out of the pool for almost two weeks post-camp. With a normal bit of burn I'd have gotten back in, but I was peeling so badly that my skin was basically raw and therefore I felt it prudent to *not* go into a pool, particularly a public one. 

The bike is where I'm a bit disappointed about my mileage - I should have been well over 200 miles - but I've been fighting off something most of the month and my bike's been making weird creaking noises and who knows what else. It's me, you know?

I am pretty dang happy with my run totals, even though part of those run totals should be in theory hiking totals (silly Pikes Peak Ascent). That's the most I've run in a month since sometime last year ... and it should have been higher had I not been stupidly ridiculously sore post-PPA.

One perk is that I got a lot of other extraneous crap in, and I will be continuing on that trend post-Santa Cruz. I am realizing that I am so done with tri training right now and while I will definitely be continuing to swim/bike/run in SOME capacity after September 10th, if it's not crazily, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. My racing season might be done after Santa Cruz; it might not be. My brain is ready for a huge honking break, and I am going to give it one.

No comments:

Post a Comment