Tuesday, June 7, 2016

May Round-Up

Oh look, I'm getting behind in recaps again. Quelle surprise. I need to do this, the BolderBOULDER recap, and the Colorado Sprint Tri recap ... and I've got another 5K this weekend. Well, even though this monthly recap is out of order, I want to get in on this first. 

Ugh.

Swimming: 18150m (11.28 mi)
Cycling: 277.18 mi
Running: 75.52 mi
Lifting: 15 sessions (1:54)
Other: eight stretch sessions (1:03), five yoga sessions (:54)

Swimming was an improvement over April, but I still don't feel like I'm where I want (or need?) to be with it. Part of it is I feel I should be swimming more than I am, but who knows. I have seen improvement in the pool, but the open-water translation is a different story ...

I think I'm slowly starting to get there on the bike, but I also know I still have a loooooong way to go (... in the next two months. eep.). 

Running isn't necessarily getting faster, but I am building up the mileage base, which I guess is more what I should care about given that I have to run far, and not necessarily fast. Endurance first, then speed; isn't that how it goes?

It seems like a lot of lifting sessions in not a lot of time, but a lot of that is planks here and there which don't take up a lot of time, but are still "sessions." I'm also trying to work in the yoga and stretching, but I also know I'm still not doing it as much as I should. Things to work on ... I do think it is helping, though.

The beginning of June has been a bit rough (work for me this whole week (6.1-6.7) has been a giant stress ball, but I think I've figured that out to not be an issue anymore and free up a whole lot more time for stuff like, I don't know, riding my bike, swimming, running, and maybe even blogging ...

No comments:

Post a Comment