Friday, August 7, 2026

July Round Up

Some good, some bad for July ...

Swimming: 5000m (3.11 mi)
Cycling: 60.69 mi
Running: 23.24 mi
Lifting: seven sessions (2:10)
Other: three sessions hockey (3:13), 31 walks (13:54), six sessions yoga (2:07)

... despite not doing much for like two weeks thanks to traveling, I did manage more swimming (by a tiny bit but still) and more cycling. Running ... continues to be a struggle. Mostly because it's hot and I have issues waking up early these days and sometimes it sucks getting in all your runs at like 8p. Truthfully, I'm happy Roth is in early July because it means that most of my running (hopefully) won't be when it's 98 degrees outside.

Lifting is getting marginally better - I started a program (where the yoga is coming from too) so it's helping with that. I think these days I need the consistency of a program as opposed to me just doing whatever. Which is unfortunate, but we adapt with life.

Hockey is still just the summer skate, but it ended up being three weeks thanks to how the month was laid out. And that foot bruise? Yeah, it still might be there. And I've gained more bruises. Go me.

Walking continues. Even if it means I coat myself in bug spray almost every time. 

August brings a race - sprint nationals - but afterward, I need to focus on some other stuff, so tri training will be taking a tiny step backward until after Germany (probably just one swim/bike a week just to keep it rolling, but running will also most likely fall off for the Germany trip just to make my life easier) due to life. But after that? Base building, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment